Two Dimensional Collision Simulation
The game of pool is a great example of the application of momentum and collisions. Aiming your cue ball can create a five different types of collisions:
- · the cue ball moves backward
- · the cue ball moves forward
- · the cue ball stops,
- · the target ball moves right
- · the target ball moves left
In the video below, the speaker calls it “English.”
The Gif simulation below shows left English.
Use Gif Scrubber to answer to analyze the collision and answer the following questions:
1. What is the post collision angle between the cue ball (red) and the target ball (blue)?
2. What is the final velocity of the cue ball?
3. What is the final velocity of the target ball?